U.S. News | Latest National News, Videos & Photos

#

RRelated Posts

CComments

• Darla Fort

Wow. Talk about a whitewashed article -- the suspect attempted to blow open the doors of the synagogue with several firebombs while blaming Jews for all of the Western worlds problems while livestreaming. But never mind the truth...

• reality25

No doubt, more of Trump's "very fine people"-

"The suspected gunman in the Yom Kippur synagogue attack in Halle, Germany, broadcast his rampage on the livestreaming platform Twitch, in the latest instance of rightwing extremists using mass shootings to create and promote real-time propaganda...

The Halle attack is the second livestreamed rightwing extremist attack this year, following the March massacre of 51 Muslim worshippers in Christchurch, New Zealand, which was broadcast on Facebook Live...

The Halle shooter also appears to have emulated the Christchurch and Poway [California] shooters by preparing a “manifesto” and posting it online prior to his attack. Three documents describing the motivation and weaponry for the attack were posted on the site Kohlchan. The documents, which include a link to the livestream of the shooting, are vehemently antisemitic and racist. They state that the attack’s timing – on Yom Kippur, the Jewish day of atonement and one of the religion’s high holidays – was intentional. They also assert the shooter considered a mosque or 'Antifa culture center' as alternate targets."

• Rob Taglienti

Is it just me or I read the article and didn't see the connection between the synagogue and the shooting apart from the fact that it was nearby??? The other target was a kebab shop...normally run by Muslims...Could be just me I guess....

• reality25

No doubt, more of Trump's 'very fine people'-

"The suspected gunman in the Yom Kippur synagogue attack in Halle, Germany, broadcast his rampage on the livestreaming platform Twitch, in the latest instance of rightwing extremists using mass shootings to create and promote real-time propaganda...

The Halle attack is the second livestreamed rightwing extremist attack this year, following the March massacre of 51 Muslim worshippers in Christchurch, New Zealand, which was broadcast on Facebook Live...

The Halle shooter also appears to have emulated the Christchurch and Poway [California] shooters by preparing a “manifesto” and posting it online prior to his attack. Three documents describing the motivation and weaponry for the attack were posted on the site Kohlchan. The documents, which include a link to the livestream of the shooting, are vehemently antisemitic and racist. They state that the attack’s timing – on Yom Kippur, the Jewish day of atonement and one of the religion’s high holidays – was intentional. They also assert the shooter considered a mosque or “antifa ‘culture’ center” as alternate targets."

• Kent

In a wider scoop, this hate is fueled by the internet.

• Xwingfighter1138

I am very sad for the people who were killed for no reason. The assassins need to face the death penalty and anyone associated with these people need to be investigated.
    Networks of hatred can be defeated.

• ThoughtSymmetry

Just to be clear, a mere 75 years ago Germans were making lampshades out of Jewish skin. Do you REALLY think that sentiment has been eradicated when there are plenty of WW2 era Nazis still walking around Germany? You cannot tolerate right wing extremism under the guise of freedom of speech or expression. They must be wiped from the face of the earth or they will be back like cockroaches to infest the hearts and minds of a new generation of Nazis.

• Jakob Becker

You showed the wrong city in the map of Germany. It is Halle / Saale in Saxony Anhalt and not Halle / Westphalia.

• Phillip Franklin

"He had a whole arsenal of guns in his trunk."

Unusual in Germany. Not so much in the US.

• reality25

Doubt we'll see any sarcastic comments here about "must be the Amish again".

• Misty Mac 💯

Germany, just like America, did not learn its lessons.

• Youcanthandlethetruth

I don't know why people continue to harass the Jewish people.

• Gun Control

The guns were bought in Ohio before they were taken across state lines into Chicago and then smuggled into Germany.

• Eb*za

Truly sad how hate has once again spread across the oceans. Make no mistake about it, this has happened before.

If advanced aliens ever landed on the planet Earth they'd first be shocked at the violence, inhumanity, multiple wars and hatred that exist around the globe and at what drives it.

• c.g.

So I guess all the left over Natzes from WW2 are coming out....

Still have NO idea why Jews seem to be targeted by these nuts.....who cares what religion a person believes in or doesn't believe in?

If any religion pretty much keeps to themselves....it is the Jewish religion. I don't see any of them coming to MY house wanting to push their religion or being accosted at libraries or on street corners asking if I am "saved"....ha Or if I want "free auditing"....ha.

• Gumby4417

Everyone who promotes anti-Jewish conspiracy theories, like those related to George Soros, is guilty of encouraging violent bigots to act out their hate. The fact that the highest elected officials in the United States have promoted those bigoted smears is disgusting and dishonors every citizen.