U.S. News | Latest National News, Videos & Photos

#

RRelated Posts

CComments

• adamrussell

Oh deer, I think I shot my partner

• TexWho

Hard to tell the difference between a branch and a horn when you have too many beers.

• disqus_8R28ZmEsno

idiot poachers. not to mention why would you shoot at a deer's antlers (not horns)

• David Callahan

This is exactly why I don't hunt. Half these moronic hunters are intoxicated. Usually after an uneventful hunt they'll shoot anything that moves. And this story here troubling, he shot at a branch he thought was antlers? And the poor kid was hit in a tree stand? Something doesn't add up....

• unusual

No doubt the hunter was confused by the teen's antlers. It's really hard to tell teens from deer sometimes, especially in the dark.

• Lee Thompson

Hunting/poaching and not following basic gun safety results in things like this happening. So unnecessary.

• April

Hunting out of season is called "poaching". Sad about the kid being shot while he was doing something terrible.

• Mike Beranek

It's obviously the deer's fault for not being shot. Must be one of those "Lib" deer.

• FasterBadger

Yep, he was poaching.

• Gumby4417

Hmmm... the victim was in a tree stand at the time he was shot. Kind of hard to believe it was an accident, as described by the shooter.

• The Observer

As long as no actual deer were harmed.

• Dennis Lynn

It's hammer time.

• G5Texan

Wondered about this when it first made the news.....

It wasn't rifle season in GA. Now we know besides being stupid, not having the most basic knowledge of firearms, being imbecilicly careless....and he was also a poacher.

• Robert

This IDIOT hunter should be charged with manslaughter at the least! And be barred from owing firearms for life!

• TheOldGuy

Serious Bodily Harm? Being as little hard on him, aren't you? Of course, I guess "dead!" could be considered "serious bodily harm." But the guy shot at a rustling bush when he KNEW someone else was out there. Manslaughter seems appropriate to me.

• Invincible Summer

Cheney, however, was not charged ... because politicians have a different set of rules that apply to them.