U.S. News | Latest National News, Videos & Photos

#

RRelated Posts

CComments

• steveiam

Kushner helped steer the Crown Prince on this, with seemingly everyone in the Administration lining up to
    deny, posture and attempt to abrogate this heinous act. The reason- make money.

• Melissa J

I can't see how MbS would rescue his position and be part of such a stupid plan. It is likely for those involved to conspire against him to make him guilty. I imagine people with high positions are always targeted.

• Melissa J

Jamal was murdered brutally, I really wish his soul finally find peace. The investigations by Saudi Arabia should and will never stop until all the questions are answered.

• Thomas

Wow that does sound grim

• BurmeseDude

Trump backing of MBS's words over his own intel, yet again, tells us that he will believe authoritarians -- esp those will personally benefit him -- which means Trump can easily be manipulated and will simply ignore intel.

What makes it worse is that POTUS is supposed to value innocent life as well as protect journalism/free press that is so critical to democracy but Trump himself is a democracy-corrupter, so he cares little to none.

• Hermain Cain

" It was a rouge operation carried out by a 15 member team at the Saudi Embassy in Turkey" You know because anybody has access to the Saudi embassy , could of been anyone. Now tell me again how many rooms you care to book at the Trump Hotel in Washington.

• Manomath

These are the people Trump said he takes at their word. Any of you Trumpies have a problem with that yet?

• missmia

A chilling precident has been set by this happening with no repercussions smgdh!!!!

• pete mancini

First time in history the U.S. went running with their tails between their legs. Greed.

• cephalo

Up til his very last words, he had no idea they were trying to kill him. This is likely because he had done nothing very wrong at all. Just talking about democracy with a friend.

• Benny Hill

Saudi Arabia is a terrorist government. The 9/11 bombers were from SA. The sole reason Trump and his ilk allow the country to continue barbarous acts of violence is big oil. Shame on them and us.

• Cammosutra

Since when, 20 plus years before this, were the rulers of Saudi Arabia supporters of human rights and peaceful dissent in any way? Look at their record. It is there to see.

Oil rich arrogant self entitled vermin in my view. And trying to keep a boot on the throat of a revolution that will inevitably come at some point. And if I was in Saudi Arabia and posted this in their media, I would be in a deep mess of trouble.

• ROBOTIX JONES

Trump is just fine with this. Such a good example he's setting for the world.

• Holmes

Mission Control, we have a problem!

• MtnGirl

Trump, Pompeo and Kushner, all revolting in their unwavering support of MBS, and conducting business with Saudi Arabia as if Kashoggi's brutal murder never happened. One day they will be judged harshly, and there is always karma.

• Virgillionhear

With 'friends' like these, who needs enemies

• j tennum

Saudi Arabia was never on Trump’s travel ban. Even though the majority of the 9/11 loser terrorists came from there. The only reason they weren’t on the ban is Trump does business with them. For Trump, the USA comes after his pocketbook.

• Truthfully

How is it okay for this to happen and NOTHING being done?

BLUE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Jon

Not sure of the correct solution to this. Sanction SA u til they give up MBS? Blockade and state and start ww3. I am not being snarky just pointing out the conundrum.
    Take care.

• Manomath

Yet our POTUS gives them his unwavering support along with North Korea and the Thug Putin. Any of you Trumpies see any problem with that or are you still too busy trying to see the bottom of the Kool Aid glass.

• JenBorden

Trump doesn't care who dies as long as there's a possible deal for the Saudis to let him put a hotel or resort there.
    He has no moral compass.

• Alex Ross

Trump's response...?

Sell them MORE weapons.

• kritikosman

The saudis are NOT friends, they're killers~~ and 9/11 complicit too!! The trump apparatus are being bamboozled according to oil.

• bobhope01

Ah yes, MBS, that icon of liberty, humanity in the ME. Our close ally. What does that say about us?

• Hawkman100

The leader of Saudi Arabia, Mohammed bin Salman, is a murderer pure and simple. If he carried out this murder in America, he would most likely get a needle in his arm while lying on a gurney.

Instead, the morally and ethically bankrupt Trump administration continues to do business as usual with these barbarians, as if there was nowhere else America could get its oil from.

• Linda

Why is tRump making pals with Saudi Arabi?? Do people forget than 15 of the terrorists on 9/11 were Saudi Arabian? Trump never banned them from coming into this country. He banned innocent people. The US is the laughing stock of the world.

• Rick Singerman

How far has America sunk as a country? Here's your answer. We now support a regime responsible for 911 and the killing of a journalist by the same government. Remind me again, what is the difference between Saudi Arabia and Iran?

• viewer

People are assassinated every day. How about thinking about the Viet Nam veterans who die every day via suicide or agent orange.

• Jeff Miller

It's sad that the current leader of the US is so corrupt he overlooks murder.

• IT-Worker-Since-1990

We all know that Saudi Arabia's MBS was behind this killing. Trump is just burying his head in sand so he doesn't have to deal with it now. He wants to open up many new hotels and golf courses in Saudi Arabia after he leaves office.

• Jeff Miller

MBS and other Saudis will get away with the horrific murder of this man. trump do something? Get a grip.

• owthathurts

On Nov. 20th, 2018, Reuters news wire service picked up a story from the Middle East Eye news organization, purportedly leaked from inside the house of Saud, in which Mike Pompeo reportedly delivered a detailed cover-up plan, along with assurances that the U.S. would help protect the crown prince from any consequences of the murder of U.S. journalist Jamal Khashoggi, to the Saudis during his hastily-arranged visit with Mahammad bin Salman shortly after the murder (at which time Trump was still parroting the Saudis' original story that "rogue elements" were behind the killing). The Trump administration's plan involves pinning the murder on some expendable member of the Saudi royal family. The fall guy reportedly hasn't been chosen yet, and the Trump cover-up plan is being held in reserve in case the latest revision of their story doesn't stick. Trump's initial reaction to the murder was one of irritation that the execution of the murder plot had been "sloppy". It is clear that Trump is an accessory to the murder. We don't know--yet--whether Trump was an accessory before or after the fact, or both.

• Mark

How is it that Trump cozies up to all the world's most vile thugs, yet threatens and demeans our closest allies. Thank you Trump voters. You own this.

• DWileyOne

Trump apparently condones murder as evidenced by his defense of Mohammed bin Salman, Kim Jong Un, and Vladimir Putin. This is a appalling time in America.

• THEFred

“It could very well be that the crown prince had knowledge of this tragic event ― maybe he did and maybe he didn’t!...In any case, our relationship is with the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.”
    - Donald Trump

"For the record, I have no financial interests in Saudi Arabia (or Russia, for that matter). Any suggestion that I have is just more fake news."
    - Donald Trump

• Dosadi

In the age of Trump, no matter the evidence, just deny it.

• Maine Mountain Woman

Reading this article made me a little nauseous. Why are we such buddies of the Saudi's. Fifteen of the 19, 9/11 terrorists came from there. I do believe the Middle East peoples will never become democratic or join the rest of the world in the 21st century. And yet the US keeps beating its head against the wall.

• travis Dejesus

The House of Said is heading for judgement unlike anything the Arab Spring produced.

• Pearson’s Grandmama

Of course they were "rogue"....because they were sloppy enough to get caught. And nobody condemned them, least of all Donny Tinyhands and his crime family son-in-law.

• fleckrr

sounds horrific but we've got to remain friendly with the Saudi dictator ..... over a trillion American jobs are at stake!

• Dukedaddy

Not once did Trump condemn this killing. That's why I can't help think that Trump approved of it.

• Bill B.

My God, this is horrific. So is the President of the United States.

• cephalo

The State Department's statement is absolutely discrediting. They talk about 'when the facts come to light' when they know the facts as well as you do.