U.S. News | Latest National News, Videos & Photos

#

RRelated Posts

CComments

• outpost

Next time don't leave it in reverse when starting!

• William

Launch one to the U S next time!

• Phoenix

You have to love the Ruskies... everything always up front and honest. Imagine if that happened in the USA, asking the people to leave just before a planned nuclear test, you want to talk about a revolution getting ready to happen

• Matthew Meyer

I'm kinda ok with their nucs not working properly since they are most likely all aimed at us ;p

• Cammosutra

Hey Boris, what does big red button do?
    Don't push thaBLAM!!!
    Dimitri, you idioKABOOOOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• waky wake

Decades ago I was an enlistee and wound up getting a special duty assignment for a time. I became part of the go-fer squad for a number of minimum “SECRET” special projects and we, the go-fer squad were constantly exclaiming “SO THAT’S REAL?”, almost every other month. Don’t worry, I won’t be spilling any beans here. The #1 thing I and I suppose everyone else almost immediately became aware of, was this. Whatever you hear being discussed in our MSM, concerning anything of an explosive nature, be it propulsion or otherwise, is that our MIC had already been working on it for at the least 5 years. Let’s get it straight. Our folks are not at fault here. But you can bet we never stopped trying to make airborne nuclear propulsion work. Matter of fact, it’s been a main focal point of MSM discussions on space travel in recent years. And too, we and the Russians have been using nuclear propulsion for decades, in submarines, aircraft carriers and other sea going crafts[for power I mean]. Think how many times you’ve heard how “controlled nuclear explosions” are the key to 1/10th light speed and reaching beyond our star-system. And they may be right, but here’s my point. If we’re working on such processes, do you really believe we could do so without the Russian finding out about it? And if so, what do you think Putin would have his people doing? Just saying folks, we gotta think logically.

• hold-the-phone

"E-germency! E-germency!! Everybody to get from street!!!" /s

• Onan (the Barbarian)

3.6 Roentgen.
    Not great, not terrible...

• pbgd

Putin remarked about this catastrophe: "If you want to become a world power you have to make sacrifices". -
    No comment necessary.

• Heather

I'm not worried ... I'm sure Drumpf has talked to Putin and Putin said there was nothing to worry about! LOL! #MakeOurPotusAmericanAgain

• James White

You have an exceptional glow this morning comrade.

• JohnC

Regarding this very dangerous idea of using nuclear power to propel cruise missiles, Trump said:

"The United States is learning much from the failed missile explosion in Russia. We have similar, though more advanced, technology. The Russian “Skyfall” explosion has people worried about the air around the facility, and far beyond. Not good!"

So he says we too currently have this dangerous tech?

• mh

Where was Trump's Thoughts and Prayers to his boyfriend Putin?

• StillStrong

Is it wise to place a nuclear weapon atop a live missile for a TEST? Is this standard procedure?

• hucky01

Not unlike the Trump administration, first lie, then deflect and cover it up! Or so it seems.

• pete mancini

When you can control the media to only satisfy your own ego. The real truth will never be known . It would be the same here in the U.S. if some people got their way.

• M Hopper

HBO probably already has writers gearing up for another mini-series.

• HottyToddy1

Send Moscow Mitch McConnell there to help with the clean-up.

• Pearson’s Grandmama

Rachel Maddow had a segment on this last night. Ambulances (theirs are yellow and look like our bread trucks!) with the doors sealed in some kind of plastic film leaving the place, reports of doctors being airlifted out, all kinds of reports and counter-reports, people being ordered to leave the village and special trains even being sent, then the order canceled. I mean, what the heck? Does their right hand even know what their left hand is doing? As she says, watch this space.

• Lifeishortgetaladder.

I make my Oh yah, really non believing face when; I hear my son say he cleaned his room, my boss say the bonus is on the way, a salesman says its the best product ever , and when I read a headline that starts "Russia says"

• Joe Shmoe

We're handling our Priorities in the wrong order. Russia will have to clean up it's mess and America will have to stop deflecting from its own list of short comings and begin to handle its own Business and stop minding others. The ongoing leakage of FUKUSHIMA is way more important than this. Most BELIEVE especially in America that the issue is solved and it's NOT. 8 years and counting and not a Peep from anyone of the 1st World. Who's up for some Shrimp Kabobs made with Fresh shrimp of the Pacific?

• Guthrum

There have actually been three separate huge explosions with fatalaties and injuries.
    Over the last several months there have been several huge fireballs seen in the Russian sky. What's going on with that?

• Grrrrrr

The US was working on this same tech 50 years ago and cancelled the project. I guess they deemed it too unreliable.

• Lee Thompson

We need to know more. Are there any readings from the atmosphere over the site of the explosion? Russia is never cooperative with answering questions. If I lived in that town near this explosion, I'd be concerned. These people may already be experiencing effects of radiation exposure - will we ever know?

• Bill William

About ten years ago a Russian submarine exploded and kill about 100 men. Russia tried to hide that incident.

• Sean

It seems that Russia’s latest bid to an arms race is of the utmost lethality to themselves more so than to the West.

• sane one

People used to be worried about dirty bombs and now there's this?

• Mike D

The Russian SSC-X-9 "Sky-fall" Nuclear cruise missile actually fell?

Well, that's: "A small flying Chernobyl!"

• Jim

I don't think this was some fancy new R&D project for some super high tech weapon. More likely it was an accident involving a 25 year old liquid fueled SLBM and its mated warhead. The missile propellant caught fire. There was an explosion. The warhead was blown to bits, but did not deliver any nuclear yield. The contamination was a result of the plutonium or uranium pit being scattered. Sloppy but routine missile maintainance for some old missile pulled out of a patrol submarine. Be grateful the warhead simply got destroyed and it didn't perform as it was designed to do.

• Olaf Palme

Putin's macho boast of "My Doomsday Machine is bigger than yours!" got the reward it deserved. Everyone with any brains abandoned this kind of missile technology 50 years ago because it was too dangerous even to test; it apparently still is.

• BigDukeSix

These poor guys were probably very close to the floating launch pad when it exploded, or possibly even on board. I guess safety wasn't at the top of the list.

• Cammosutra

If Russia was really concerned about their citizens welfare, they would not even be screwing around with this technology. Russia already possesses many of the most radioactive places on the entire planet!

Four to sixteen times WHAT background levels?

• Chupacabra

You can trust the Russian govt. when it comes to communicating clearly about nuclear accidents.

• Machiage

Russians need to storm the Kremlin and remove the most corrupted government on earth...
    Putin is not the genius everyone thought, he is just another psychopath like trump.....

• travis Dejesus

Seems to me they have perfected delivering Polonium, but not Uranium or Plutonium.

• Sal Monela

Russians are natural liars. Trump learned from the masters.

• Concerned Citizen

Putin is a cold war relic. The type of imbecile that creates nuclear disasters like Chernobyl. Why does God let people like this keep living?

• TexWho

For you folks too young to remember the nuclear attack drills of the 1950's I share this:

About once every three months we had a drill. All the students in the Junior High ran to the central hallway of the building basement. Then we were instructed to kneel with our heads against the wall: girls on the west side, boys on the right. I often wonder what they thought they were going to do about the fallout if we had survived a relatively close nuclear blast.