U.S. News | Latest National News, Videos & Photos

#

RRelated Posts

CComments

• Thomas

"Just in case it might have an impact on people"

Might have an impact? Tariffs will result in an impact on the people as the costs are passed along to the customer.

• Band, On the Run

"Just in case it might have an impact on people, what we’ve done is delayed it, so they won't be relevant for the Christmas shopping season,"

But the tariffs don't hurt American shoppers, right? They only affect China! That's what we were told before. And will be again, I'll bet.

• antigen-xy

So here is Truma again reversing himself after putting out a proposal that he didn't apparently think through. This man is so incompetent, it's embarrassing.

• mtntrek3

How gracious of the great orange pumpkin.

• Been called worse

I wonder if Trump even knows that China can grow it's it' food. His trade war is winning at every turn in his little pea body mind.

• Groingo

Trump is to Bone headed to know, you never want to tick off your Banker which China is as they still hold 4 trillion of US debt.

• Sedibob

China knew Trump would blink because he had to. China knows Trump will blink again right after Thanksgiving because he has to. Because China knows that Trump is up for reelection on 11/3/20 and President Xi is up for reelection on...never!

All the world knows he's a feeble blinker and it's best to just humor or ignore him until he's gone, as daily circumstances require.

Worst. Negotiator. Ever.

• David Meyer

I remember when Republicans were complaining non-stop that Obama was creating uncertainty which was bad for business. The hypocrisy blows one's mind.

• JenBordon

Meaning some wealthy business people who actually might know some things
    grabbed Stephen Miller by the neck and gently suggested that his boss was a moron
    and that it would be personally unhealthy to continue down this road.

• tet1953

There is no plan, no viable strategy. Trump is totally winging it day by day and he is not very good at it.

• Bobo McStevens

Trump realize his hair gel would be subject to Tariffs?

• Pro-Marx

Wait, I thought Trump said China would pay for the tariffs and US consumers would not be affected. Was he just confused or was he intentionally not telling the truth? It's hard to tell sometimes.

• yaknowwhat

Well, I hope all this chaos will show some progress with the Chinese problem of stealing trade secrets. They have taken over so many industries and no one seems to care.

• Uraq Lowique

There's going to be tariffs!! Wait, we'll push them back. There's going to be tariffs!!! Wait, maybe not. No, okay, there will be!!! Nope. Yes!!!!

What a joke of a president, does everything on a whim. Probably decides things on how loud his morning fart was that day.

• gden4u

"Just in case it might have an impact on people, what we’ve done is delayed it, so they won't be relevant for the Christmas shopping season," President Donald Trump told reporters in New Jersey."

Ha ha! Just like I thought. trump is now touting himself as some sort of savior.
    Banner headlines (in his mind) TRUMP SAVES CHRISTMAS!!

• s DAN

He blinked. China won...……...

• Educated

But Trump said China was paying for the Tariffs. You mean he lied again? Mexico's not paying for the wall? The Earth isn't flat?

• Eagle

This is nothing but a BIGLY THANK YOU to Walmart for their total kiss up to the NRA by taking down displays of video games.

• David Netzoff

The headline should should read, “Fat Man quivers and crumbles, admits Americans are paying for tariffs”. What a Tower of Jello.

• TaDa!

Trump flip-flopping with the enthusiasm of an Evangelical in the spirit of Cashmas...

• Trumptee

You can tell by that Photo and the expression on President Xi' face that he's thinking to himself "Why is this Orange fool getting so close to me?"

• Phillip Franklin

"Just in case it might have an impact on people, what we’ve done is
    delayed it, so they won't be relevant for the Christmas shopping
    season," President Donald Trump told"

I didn't know Trump cared so much about the Chinese people and their Christmas shopping. After all, China is paying for the tariffs, just like Mexico is paying for the wall... you know, "in some way."

• Trumptee

Once again when push comes to shove Trump folds like one of his cheap Chinese made suits.. the guy is such a cowardly looser...

• BLW51

The tariff that is being delayed includes on "certain items of footwear and clothing". I wonder if the junk Ivanka imports from China fall into this category and is being exempted? /S/

• Alex Ross

This is the guy in charge of "negotiating with China:

"On his love of trucks: “I love cranes, I love trucks of all types. Even when I was a little boy at four years old, my mother would say, 'You love trucks.' I do, I always loved trucks, I still do. Nothing changes — sometimes you know you might become president, but nothing changes — I still love trucks. Especially when I look at the largest crane in the world, that’s very cool. You think I’ll get to operate it? We’ll put the media on it and I’ll give them a little ride, right?”"

ONLY a deplorable can vote for that.

• FederalInmate45

Trumpy did that just to save face in from of his cult followers at his up coming pep rally.

• drathvedar

Seriously, how can everyone not be shaking their heads at this train wreck of a president?

• Sarah Levine

I guess someone in the Trump reminded the stable genius that raising the price of electronic goods during Christmas wasn't such a great campaign re-election strategy.

• Erwin Schrodinger

"Just in case it might have an impact on people, what we’ve done is delayed it, so they won't be relevant for the Christmas shopping season," President Donald Trump told reporters in New Jersey.

But... but.. but... I thought China was paying all those tariffs! Why do we need to be concerned at all? Was Trump wrong?!? Or lying?!?

• DontBotherMe

. . . "cell phones, laptop computers, video game consoles, certain toys, computer monitors and certain items of footwear and clothing."

Certain items of footwear and clothing, eh. That must be the Ivanka's shoes and MAGA hats.

• Jack Cole

"Trump saves the US Economy" - FoxNews

• mollydtt

Due to “national security”. Okay. Whatever.

Maybe (just maybe) someone managed to communicate the ridiculousness of the tariffs to Trump’s gut. Now Trump has to spin.

• Solanum

Almost like Donnie is admitting he's wrong about the tariffs, while trying to not admit he's wrong about the tariffs.

• drathvedar

Why do I get the feeling he's working on trying to claim he fixed something that he broke in the first place?

• ruelph

Trump keeps bragging how well the stock market has performed under his presidency. However, the following is a listing of how well the stock market has performed from Reagan to Trump: Reagan +118%, H.W. Bush +51%, Clinton +210%, W. Bush -40%, Obama +182%, and Trump +27%. Trump’s stock market performance so far is less than Reagan, W. Bush, Clinton, and Obama.

• Alex Ross

If Trump was a stable genius, wouldn't he at least be STABLE at some point?
    Removing tariffs from China's biggest sellers is COWARDLY.

PROOF he never had a plan.

Again.

• Anthony

Trump does not want to get shoppers MAGA angry this Christmas, when they realize that they are the ones paying Trump's tariffs.

• Jack Cole

Hold on, it almost seems like tariffs had a very negative impact on the stock market. And Trump seems scared of a crashing stock market and lifted the tariffs. Wow, nobody could have predicted that.

• drathvedar

Trump says he's delaying some of the tariffs because "they might have an impact on U.S. consumers"? Really? They might? He didn't think of that before? Good god what an idiot.

• Melanie Gagnon

This means I'll have to pay more at Walmart for Christmas gifts for my children and family. Oh well they have enough stuff anyways... I'm sure coal prices will make up for this.

• Lee Thompson

The fool in the Oval Office is so clueless and there are reports that he's getting even more into "he's the only one who knows anything". There's almost a year and a half in which he can do more damage, IF we manage to vote him OUT. (From now until January of 2021.)

• Linzie Rogers

Has Trump found out something the rest of us haven't? Here again an attempt to delay the inevitable. You have to give him credit. He is a master at disguising a motive. China is headed for the number one spot.