U.S. News | Latest National News, Videos & Photos

#

RRelated Posts

CComments

• Pam Winters

Most private religious schools ahve issues with pregnant ladies and people who go against what they have as code of conducts.

what student does this type of surgery during a school year?

I am sure that there was additional circumstances that was not being discussed and the school can not say anything because of FERPA.

I do not think there is much of a case except for public opinion for this young adult to do.

Perhaps this was another fake news story. It take about a week for it to make the national news and it looks like a rehash of the news story of a LTBGQ website.

• biome

There are better colleges. I hope he finds one.

• Lee Thompson

What happened to ". . . .even as you have done for the least of these, you have done so for me" . . .???

• Eagle

So, either God messed up or these PRETEND "Christians" did.

Which is it?

• notorious

'He says he was outed to school officials, who ordered him to conceal his gender identity and attend Christian therapy.'

America loves its 'freedoms!'

• Dave

"For there are eunuchs who were born that way, and there are eunuchs who
    have been made eunuchs by others—and there are those who choose to live
    like eunuchs for the sake of the kingdom of heaven. The one who can
    accept this should accept it.” - Matthew 19:12

• StillStrong

I find the foundation of religious persecution of transgenders is based on their belief their god does not make mistakes. And they believe this in the face of tons of evidence saying the opposite. They will never accept an idea of a "fault-filled god", so they continue to oppress the people who are walking evidence of what they believe are mistakes. They hurt people to keep their god delusions going. Pretty crappy of them.

• Hey Beavis

Why'd you want to go to their stupid school anyways? You are better off my friend.

• rickyard

When did we start normalizing sociological disorders?

• Rick

Went to a Baptist Church with a friend years ago....she was Baptist, me a Catholic......the preacher started by telling his congregation not to associate with any pagan Catholics, and never associate with anyone who smokes and drinks......A very Christian way of looking at things....hahaha....Baptists and Evangelicals are anything BUT Christians. Check out the movie on HBO now....Boy Erased.....a Baptist pray the gay away camp.....disgusting

• Jane.Doug

any religion who preaches hate is listening to the dark side not god

• SittinOnTheBeach

Wow, a real Godly place, and....now, one more reason why young Americans are staying away from God.

• StillStrong

"Christian therapy" = conform. GACK!!!

• USAF Retired

Christian organizations should not be forced to accept what is against their beliefs.

• Eric

"and attend Christian therapy.", LOL.. Just pour a little holy water on it.

• BlueHouston

The problem with religion isn't religion. It's what bigoted people do with it.

• Eagle

"We are going to do the exact opposite of what Jesus would do, because we know what's 'right'"
    -Baptist Sharia Law

• Lekyotobeans

I empathize w/the rejection Awtrey must feel ...
    In time, I hope, he will move on in finding a far better school as well as one that will accept him for who he is ...
    Welsh College has a 39% graduation rate. Looks like its a money collecting institution w/a low return for education as well as Christianity ...

• TexWho

Religion may not be the "root of all evil" but it is certainly in first place.

• allen

"...his Baptist missionary parents wanted him to attend Welch College, previously known as the Free Will Baptist Bible College."
    Good thing they changed the name of the college. They took away his "free will" and welched on the deal. As someone who grew up in a Southern Baptist Church, I can truthfully say they are the biggest hypocrites since donald trump.

• Mahlon

Stupid question; did the student not know about their morals clause when he applied to the college?