U.S. News | Latest National News, Videos & Photos

#

RRelated Posts

CComments

• End of Life Ritual

Turns out this was leaked by her brother, who is a Trumper.

So, dumb broad with a dumber brother.

Maybe make better choices about who you cheat on your wife with, Jeff.

Next...

• Lee Thompson

Of course the attorney says this. What would you expect him to say?

• OtherMrNiceGuy2

So a lawyer is protecting his client? Golly! What a relevation!

And that Pecker fellow seems like such an upstanding little soldier!

lol

• Top shelf

Don't be surprised when it's proven that the Trump crime family is behind this whole thing. Equal time for equal slime.

• DarqueSideOfTheMoon

The lawyer for AMI says it's not extortion and blackmail. Really? Did anyone expect he'd admit it?

• GarfieldRocks

I'm starting to hear the death rattle from AMI and along with it goes David Pecker, Donalds golf caddy.

• GarfieldRocks

Mr. Pecker, you done messed with the wrong guy. And you were dumb enough to do it by email. And Donald, you are certainly being quiet about this. How uncharacteristic of you.

• justanewsreader

Hope this drops the Judicial Hammer on AMI, Pecker, et al. The SDNY immunity deal should go out the Window and they get nailed for the criminal conspiracy with Trump, Cohen, Stormy and however many others they pulled the "catch and kill" deal with. Keeping fingers crossed that this Agent of Saudi Arabia that launders money via AMI to Trump's whatever orgnization gets revealed and burned bit time.

• Hanna68

Of course an ally/good friend of tRump denies blackmail and extortion; both negotiate in exactly the same way, as will be illustrated with one, then an upcoming, government shutdown.

• PerchLady

My first thought when initially reading about this extortion attempt was “Why would anyone want to see these photos? These are personal & surely not meant for outsiders?” Would anyone on this forum want to see these???

• Eric

Yeah, I wouldn't challenge the richest man on earth to a duel..

• Bud Simpson

Please, let's hear from their lawyer, because they are always so impartial and honest. Give me a break!

• horseplay

"You know we are at a disgusting moment in our nation's history when the billionaire sending out dicpics is the HERO of the story."

• Stock_1

Sorry, we want no part in financing the guy's divorce...

• kritikosman

Lawyers!!

• twitchblade

I think it's up to the courts to decide if it's blackmail/extortion an not the defense lawyer for the accused.

• Independent

so discussing money with someone (witness 1) as to whether to print something potentially damaging to someone (witness 1) and asking for money to not print is normal? Nope - not in a long short - blackmail.

Maybe the National Inquirer needs to go back to the three headed aliens

• John bailey

I bet if you dig deep enough you will find some little hand prints.

• Clyde Delgato

Short version of the lawyers claim. Yeah we threatened to do something bad to him if he didn't obey us but that's not a crime when we do it. First amendment.

• Impetus to Move

Why do I only have a tiny pop up for comments now?

• MarineDad05

Bezos : “I prefer to stand up, roll this log over, and see what crawls out”

This is exactly how sleaze ought to be treated.

• Army Brat

The enquirer is America’s sleaze paper publishing stories like 6 headed cats and Trump fantasies . Bezos will take them down along with Trump

• kritikosman

The National EnLiar!

• Patriotic American

You mean threatening to release naked pictures of you isn't a standard negotiating position?

• SMRT

Donald’s sleazy associates are busted and trying to back peddle.

• Dukedaddy

Remember, The National Enquirer was the only newspaper to endorse Trump as President. That says it all.

• Impetus to Move

When extortion is so much a part of your business model you don't think it's extortion anymore...

• HadEnoughYet

Companies, like Amazon, pay for silence all the time. They just call it a severance package.

• kritikosman

Trump and Pecker~two peas in a pod!

• David Goldin

Plea bargain Pecker. If you have enough to give up, you can get a reduced sentence.

• beingcurious

Trump and Enquirer both pillars of integrity and credibility. /s

• stamped human bacon

I hope prosecutors find this "negotiation" to be criminal. The resulting fireworks will be spectacular.

• running33

It’s about as clear a case of blackmail and extortion as there will ever be. The national enquirer doesn’t have a leg to stand on.

• Arthur Conrad

The New York Attorney General's office will be standing (or sitting) when the contents of AMI's safes are inspected as part of the state's investigation into AMI's blackmail and extortion of Jeff Bezos.

• Army Brat

Love it : Bezos has Trumps number and Is destroying Trump by going after the man that bought off the women trump was doing . Don’t mess with richest man in the world

• BRP

Extortion is a felony in all states. Blackmail is a form of extortion in which the threat is to expose embarrassing and damaging information to family, friends, or the public. So, if person A threatens to expose nude pictures of person B, unless person B makes a public statement that person A wants, this sure looks like criminal blackmail to me. Good luck in court Mr. Pecker!

• Army Brat

Nobody can blackmai Bezos being the wealthiest man in the world You take down the national enquirer you take down Trump

• JZ.

This will all be settled for a few billion and all will be right.

• georgex9

Trump has been discrediting news sources as "fake news" repeatedly. Now we can see the close relationship between Trump and the original "fake news" outlet called the National Inquirer. This tabloid is now exposed as trying intimidate Jeff Bezos, owner of Amazon and the Washington Post.

• RededWhiteandBlue

Bezos ranking of worlds richest man is about to take a serious hit.

• kritikosman

"It absolutely is not extortion and not blackmail,"!? It just waddles, swims and quacks like it is~~it's a duck for sure!