ABC News – Breaking News, Latest News, Headlines & Videos

#

RRelated Posts

CComments

• brickmette

Anyone traveling 140 mph on a public highway is an imminent danger to other drivers.
    The police chief should have arrested the driver and impounded the car.

• USAF Retired

Wow at that speed, it should have been considered reckless driving. Who in their right mind needs to drive 140 mph?

• Hambone

How did Chief Acevedo catch the guy if his car tops out at 120 and the guy was doing 140? Just asking the obvious question.

• EC Patriot

How about reckless endangerment? How about felonious operation of a motor vehicle? How about lifetime suspension of driving privileges?

A ticket? Why bother?

• TheWordistheWord

Guys 140 is nothing for a viper. Heck Eagle Talons used to rip up to that on daily commutes. Beautiful little cars. I feel sorry for today's generation. Miss the 90s.

• Thoughts n prayers

An arrest should have been made here. His sole responsibilty as a cop is public safety. 140mph in a 55mph zone could have ended with someone dead.

• Dee

I'm a big fan of Chief Acevedo but this deserves much more than a slap on the wrist. Houston has some of the most horrific car accidents and this could have been one of them.

• Sal Monela

This is not amusing in any way. The officer should have arrested this clown and impounded his car. The courts then need to send the driver a clear message that this kind of act is not acceptable. A hefty fine and license suspension is what is needed.

• gypsy

My best is an Aston Martin doing 134 in a 75. I was on my Honda ST1300. If he hadn't slowed down to exit the highway, I wouldn't have caught him.

• snake

I recall getting a ticket for driving 96 in OK years ago and the ticket was for $125. I guess Texas has higher fines than most states.

• BluntNotPC

The driver of the Viper was yelling "... how do you get this thing out of second gear..." --- little nash rambler.

• babs1960

Seems he got off easy. Wonder why?
    Guess he can expect his insurance rates to go up.
    Cha ching

• Toshiro Hitsugaya

A ticket? I was under the impression anything that grossly over the speed limit was criminal reckless driving.