U.S. News | Latest National News, Videos & Photos

#

RRelated Posts

CComments

• mh

No way i am going to support this flip flopper.

• Darrell Ingram

Way to early to get excited about any candidate. Jeb Bush was the front runner for the Republicans last election and he barely made a ripple. Dems might want to come up with some original ideas other than hate Trump.

• Nala

Im betting a whole bunch of women of color go after trump!

• arlecchino

Glad to see so many democratic candidates running, and it would hurt to see some republican running independent to weaken trump.

• Former Earthling

*45th President was also a Russian spy.
    -History books

• BlueHouston

If she is elected and does absolutely nothing for four years she would already be a far, far better president than Drumpf ever was or could be.

• drathvedar

The big question will be : What derogatory nick name will Trump come up with for her?

• foldincaulfield

"Tulsi Gabbard has an even bigger problem than her lack of experience — it’s that she has no base of support," RNC spokesman Michael Ahrens wrote in a statement released Friday evening.

Hmm - if he really believes that, you'd think he'd want to keep that info on the downlow instead of encouraging the Dems to select another candidate. The real problem, though, is accusing her of lack of experience. He seems to have forgotten who the current president is. And about that so-called "lack of experience"?

Tulsi Gabbard is an American politician serving as the U.S. Representative for Hawaii's 2nd congressional district since 2013. A member of the Democratic Party, she was a Vice Chair of the Democratic National Committee until February 28, 2016, when she resigned to endorse Senator Bernie Sanders for the 2016 Democratic presidential nomination. Elected in 2012, she is the first Samoan American member and the first Hindu member of the United States Congress.

Gabbard served in a field medical unit of the Hawaii Army National Guard in a combat zone in Iraq from 2004 to 2005 and was later deployed to Kuwait. She previously served in the Hawaii House of Representatives from 2002 to 2004. When she was elected to the Hawaii House of

Representatives at age 21, Gabbard was the youngest woman to be elected to a U.S. state legislature.

• anastasiabeaverhousen

I hate to bring it up, but I don't think a Hindu could win in the current U.S. There are too many so called Christians who would never vote for a non-Christian.

• Ted Mittelstaedt

This is going to sound terrible but I will NEVER vote for a woman in the primaries. Why? Because women as a rule NEVER forgive slights and insults and have memories like an elephant and never forget them. The primaries ALWAYS produce a winner and one or more losers, and all throughout the primaries the candidates are calling each other dogs. Men, unlike women, are able to beat the heck out of each other and call each other horrible names and then when the battle is over, they are able to forget all of that and sit down and have a beer together. But women lack this and if a woman wins the nomination she will remember every last slight and criticism that her primary opponents gave her, and that will prevent her from selecting one of them as her VP - which will then put her at a disadvantage. This doesn't mean she won't ultimately get elected but it DOES mean she goes into the general campaign weaker than she should be.

Remember this you will see it played out in the future - in ANY general election for President if a Male candidate and a Female candidate are going against each other in the general, the male candidate who puts a primary opponent on the ticket as VP will win over the female candidate who does NOT put one of her primary opponents on the ticket as VP. You won't see this rule ever violated.

There may be women strong and sure enough out there to be honestly able to laugh off insults but so far I've never met any. The ladies don't forgive, ever. The men might not also forgive but they DO forget. The ladies NEVER forget. Any husband knows exactly what I am saying.

• nugirl

NOPE!!! NOPE NOPE!!!! Far better candidates...one who isn't homophobic, or Pro Assad & Putin agenda. We don't need to go through "another Trump" again.

• fmd160

Democrat announces run for President. Republicans immediately attack him/her. Now, I'm just waiting to see what nonsense Trump is going to say/tweet about him/her.

• PaulCrozer

Too smart, too eloquent, too reasonable...to win a presidential election!

• John Phillips

I am as liberal as they come. But I would like to see a "big tent" moderate nominated. Someone who will appeal to liberals, independents, and some conservatives. Someone like Dick Durbin comes to mind. That said, I will be voting for ANYONE but 45. We must remove the incompetent dictator-wannabe from the White House.

• {askew}

37 is young, but younger influence is very much needed even if not elected or as VP.

Either way if the first run isn't successful it does get you on the national stage and helps a second run. No one should discourage ambition like this..Case in point, I don't know her very well but I suspect I'll learn a lot more shortly. I hope the field is large in 2020 on both sides and Independents. (Looking at you Angus)

• Bill Toone

I like some of the women running. Gillibrand. Warren.
    Harris. But will white married women let us down again?
    Will half of the women love her, and the other half hate her?
    Need to see the (male) governors of Washington state (Inslee)
    and governor of Montana.

• BassPlyr73 Again

I was hoping she'd run, and at this point, she'd get my vote.

• Aimee

I know little about Tulsi Gabbard, but for the RNC to cite her "lack of experience" as a reason she's not qualified to be POTUS is quite possiby one of the most hypocritical statements they've made to date.

• No.77

Love her!!

• Harry Gaffney III

My concerns about her is that she comes across as a facile opportunist who is out for herself first, and like Trump in that regard - or Kirsten Gillibrand. I prefer the depth on issues offered by Senator Warren, and even more the force and depth of diversity offered by Kamala Harris who is an accomplished prosecutor and represents our largest state and the West. But, I think it's great that the Democrats are getting so much more diversity and voice into the game. Trump is a traitor and must go. It is really quite serious.

• gbgentleman

So far I am liking what I see (and I don't mean her looks). She's young, energetic, charismatic, and intelligent. I'd have to see her platform and actually listen to her debates before supporting her (or anyone) any further.

• EC Patriot

Who?

• TexasVulcan

Not a man and not a Christian. Excellent. Time to cut into that monopoly a little more.

And she's a war veteran to boot. She knows exactly what we are doing over there and why. I look forward to hearing her views on middle eastern wars.

I have heard her talk about health care and prison reform and the environment. All sounds like exactly the kind of views I have that are the opposite of what Trump and the GOP stand for.

• BD70

Is that all the RNC has? She doesn't have the base of support?

• Holmes

I would not saying much.