ABC News – Breaking News, Latest News, Headlines & Videos

#

RRelated Posts

CComments

• toddyo1935

We're aborting and birth controlling ourselves out of existence. -Especially the whites, whose leaders of Planned Parenthood like Margaret Sanger had in mind getting rid of browns, blacks and Catholics.

What ever happened to e pluribus unum, or the sanctity of human life?

• ReviewTheFacts

There needs to be another law, that any man who fathers a child is financially responsible until that child becomes 18 years of age, and it should be MANDATORY, not on a case by case basis.

Abortion should be between a doctor and his patient, not the legislature, which claims, under Republicans, to be more hands off with regard to regulations, EXCEPT THIS ONE.

• Nala

restricting access to birth control is a mans way to attempt to send us back to the days of chattel - self secure men support and appreciate their women - the gop seems to have forgotten the days of sleeping on the couch

• Baa

Wow, no kidding. The judge just now realized this. Well, at least the judge did, Trump supporters won't realize it until a bunch of them are pregnant.

• mrphilbert

Then they should allow businesses to refuse service to anyone wearing a maga hat for moral convictions.

• Bree Zee

Congress would trample themselves to vacate the law if a push was made to block something available only to men. There would be a cry that would pierce the universe. But let it be to women...and it's ok.

• David Hoffman

The requirements are substantial burdens on business owners with moral objections, religious objections, and ethical objections? Nope, substantial burdens in federal courts concerning regulations like this concern financial and time burdens, not ethical, religious, or moral burdens. Financially the contraception requirements probably add less than 1.0% to the entire overall cost of providing health care insurance to employees. It is difficult to state that there exists an additional substantial financial burden if the additional financial burden is no more than 1.0%.

• Ted Mittelstaedt

I have searched my health insurance policy and nowhere does it provide coverage for rubbers.

Seriously, covering The Pill and covering rubbers and other birth control like that in an insurance policy is absolutely stupid. These methods can be screwed up by the users quite easily and they are cheap enough that for goodness sake, people can pay for their own!

By contrast covering vasectomies, tube tying, IUDs, norplant and other forms of birth control that do NOT depend on the user using them properly every day is smart. The cost of covering an unplanned birth is much higher.

I can't imagine many employers wanting to discourage birth control. Financially it's stupid.

• working_class_hero

The real problem is employer-provided insurance. The best solution would be to remove the tax exemption employers receive for the health insurance plans they provide. The exemptions were put in place during WWII to partially circumvent wage and price controls instituted during the war. This tax break became the basis for the broken system of employer-provided healthcare and the wildly inflated healthcare costs which we have today. It would be far better for people to pay for their own healthcare insurance much in the same way you pay for car insurance or home insurance. Then employers would not be involved.

• Elena

Then go down to the local health dept and get birth control. When I worked for a local health dept, condoms were free. Depo and BCP were almost free.

• Morgan

I continue to wonder how "my" health choices are of any concern to any employer or for that matter any outside interference? What if the employer is against cancer treatment due to moral convictions? Does this mean they can also opt out of that coverage? As "nightnurse" pointed out the cost ofprgenacy is far higher than birth control pills. The other htought may be birth control pills are used for other conditions such as acne, pms, and to control heavy bleeding.

• thenitenurse

Years ago it was brought to the attention of the courts that companies would cover erectile dysfunction medication but not birth control. After that most companies covered birth control. What really blows my mind is that companies would rather cover the expensive costs of pregnancy, birth, and children then the few bucks a month to prevent an unwanted pregnancy.

• Troyal

People like to throw the word "free" around as if it really means that no one pays for it.

• Quiet participant

Can't get rid of tRump soon enough.