RRelated Posts

CComments

• K K

One toke over the line sweet Jesus

One toke over the line

Fallin' downtown in a railway station

One toke over the line

• jlew911

Lord forgive me, but why would he even attempt something like that especially if the elevator was working! I read in another article he got tired of waiting for it. Should've waited..

• Sunshine1229

I wince when I see people attempt to take the escalator, with strollers, even if they have support at the back and front.

• Band, On the Run

I use a manual wheelchair, and I'd never even consider using an escalator. Trying it in a motorized chair? Those things are very heavy. Going over backwards down a flight of steps in one of them would be deadly. Obviously.

• Wacked

Maybe he should've taken an uber

• brickmette

Maybe it's not such a good idea to try to ride an escalator while in a wheelchair.

• Dicazi

Late for work?

• Jiba

All what I can say is RIP

• gs12

Where ever he was going wasn't worth the price.

• USAF Retired

Kind of crazy to ride a motorized wheelchair on an escalator.

• Don'tBotherMe

Someone who uses a motorized wheelchair to get around should KNOW you can't use an escalator safely. He called for an elevator but should have waited.

• The Terminator

I don't think an escalator is equipped to handle a wheelchair.

Sounds like he was a little impatient.

• David

Like the bumper sticker says "Stupid is not a handicap"

• Shut Up Morty

Do dumb things and dumb things happen.

• mrshvd3

And will his family now sue Metro and the escalator company for not posting BIG signs stating "Do NOT ride this escalator in a WHEELCHAIR"?

• Bertd

What level of stupidity does it take to think you can safely ride a wheelchair up an escalator???

• MandalayBay328

Theres this invention called an elevator......you'd be AMAZED at how it works!!!

• THEFred

To paraphrase Orwell, commuters want less statistics, and more working elevators.

• JuPMod

Gee, was the step large enough to hold the wheelchair? Unless there is someone supporting the chair from behind, I really do not see how can anyone in a wheelchair can safely ride an escalator on his or her own.

• Kirby

That is just stupid. But I suppose we all do dumb things we don't really think about unless they go terribly wrong like this did.

• Chuck Heston

Just because you are in a wheel chair doesn't mean you can't be stupid. Darwin at work here folks.