ABC News – Breaking News, Latest News, Headlines & Videos

#

RRelated Posts

CComments

• Bree Zee

Can't see this ban being allowed to continue. If i'm a resident/citizen and pay taxes, I pay for all the roads. Not just those you deem I should be allowed to use. The cities will lose.

• Verity Pendelton

Don't the taxpayers pay for those roads? Wouldn't that include ALL taxpayers?

• KlintzDisqus

My side street is a long tight S. Takes more time driving around those curves than it does to stay on the main thoroughfare which has a right-angle intersection.

My old neighborhood/town put three large planters at the end of our block to force short-cutters back onto main roads.

• Emma Lou #2

"which resulted in a commuter filing a lawsuit." steenking lawyers.

• Fulghn

Interesting to see what happens when autonomous vehicles start pulling this stuff. Will police have shutdown codes to pull over driverless vehicles?

• Blaize Rage

So if a person stops at the post office or the stadium, they will get a ticket if they do not have a special police issued tag?

• notagain

How do they handle people going to businesses and friends and relatives visiting during those times? Pull them over, make them prove where they're going?

• I want darwinism back

Not a bad idea we could use this where i live in so cal, but we dont have cops to spare for enforcment.

• Dicazi

I'd be upset, too, if drivers were speeding and clogging up my neighborhood just to save 5 minutes.
    The only time I ever go thru side streets is if the main road is blocked. And I always go the speed limit or slower.

• CaptnBlynd

If the roads are closed for public use then the people who live on them must pay ALL maintenance and up keep as PRIVATE roads. This was established long ago in Nevada courts. I assume the same will apply here once the lawsuit proceeds.