ABC News – Breaking News, Latest News, Headlines & Videos

#

RRelated Posts

CComments

• travis Dejesus

Perhaps the U.S. should dable in Russian elections a little and see what comes of it.

• Mark Cosenza

Someday the Russians may want a Democrat to win and then the GOP might wake up...

• Siestasis42

As more Congressmen and women are targeted they will get more serious about security. If you do not want it broadcast do not type it.

• Sastre Jordan

Try returning to pen and paper for highly sensitive info with the old wax seal until cyber security efforts are 100% effective. Although the vulnerabilities in the Intel, etc , chips will make 100% impossible. That plus Trump's collusion with the Russians against his own country could expose our country to Russian invasion without any weapon fired. Why is Trump still President?

• Evan German

I just finished reading this story, and I am saddened to report that Trump and the White House are still holding the 'there was no collusion' party line up as the only statement that is not 'FAKE NEWS'. LOL ROTFLMBO

• ProfPalefuddy

Anyone saying anything over any sort of wire, wifi, or cyber who thinks it is secure is Foolish. We need to go back to speaking face to face, in a secure location.

• dorika

It just an Alert. Russian hackers & trolls Not only residing in Russia. They are acting from the US as well. They are plenty of them here as students visa holders, green card holders, immigrants /mostly all with dual citizenship/ and not legal, most of the newspapers, Russian radio within the Russian community are well connected to Russia and working on the behalf of Putin/Trump and Republicans.

• TexasVulcan

It's about time we had universal encryption as part of standard email and messaging and web browsing ALL THE TIME. Surely, this cannot be beyond the possible.

• Terry Stein

If Putin could take over America, I believe the Republicans would celebrate.

• muttonchops

Good for you Russia it keeps American stooges on their toes. Now we need to know how many foreigners are working our social media and how many are right here in the USA running our technology.
    We don't need another Huma's affair.................

• Guy Norbury

Trump is not sure Russia did anything wrong. Putin denys it!

• wm97

Cyber is very important. Barron is very good at computers. He has a cyber himself. Very secure. Keeping America safe.

• Miles

Trump and team will ignore like they ignore most things about cyber security. I am not even convinced they even know what it is.

• John Barron

We need a big beautiful FireWall.. We can make Haiti, Africa, and Norway pay for it.

• jw619

The russians are looking for ways to help republicans win the next election as they did with trump . They own him thru blackmail the have the big time dirt on him and he knows it

• Sola Scriptura IV

The US and many parts of Europe is becoming a s---hole in every way, shape, and form. And it’s becoming worse and worse by the day. When I am old and gray, I’ll live in the far away hills of Switzerland. Nicer people, beautiful natural landscape/scenery, lovely food. Also the school of many of my Protestant Reformed heroes.

• rightened

Why worry? Our own President stood right there on national television and dared Russians to hack into the FBI, to find Hillary's emails. So why should other government systems be immune, right? Right?

See what you invited in the door, Trump?

• Catherine Cook

What is so pathetic is that trump can lie right to our face and Republicans say nothing. Why wouldn't he think his behavior is ok?

• Ronald Bandor

The Russians demonstrated during the invasion of Crimea that they are willing to do obvious bad acts, and then, with a straight face, just deny the truth.

If they are willing to deny that those are their own troops, which you can see clearly, they are definitely going to continue to take any hacking advantage that they can get -- and then lie. The Russians realize that the 21st century battlefield is not like the battlefields of the last century. It will be waged in cyberspace and in propaganda. Sadly, so many self-proclaimed "patriots" in our own county continue to give them aid and comfort.

• Noah

Be Scared, everyone be super scared!!!! Election meddling has been going on for at least the last 100 years and All countries do it, even the US. Get over it, this isnt new news.

• Lee Thompson

If Repubs are hit, will we see some concern about these cyber attacks? Will congress do something to protect this country?

• CaliforniaBorn

They got into the Democratic party emails with the weakest fishing scheme.

• MickC

Comrade Trump will make sure the Russian hackers are not disturbed.

• Conor Fay

Build two walls. One separating the west coast (California, Oregon and Washington) from sane America, and one around Minnesota.

• Ctrygrl

It has been a year and nothing, absolutely nothing has been done by the party in charge to even remotely try to prevent this, gee wonder why

• dustyrivers

"The same Russian government-aligned hackers who penetrated the Democratic Party have spent the past few months laying the groundwork for an espionage campaign against the U.S. Senate, a cybersecurity firm said Friday."
    --------------
    And Dear "Comrade" Trump will cheer the hackers and congratulate Putin on a job well done......

• Prophet With Honor

This should get the GOP Senators off their duffs. My guess is that they have been dumb enough to put some embarrassing things out there. I see some of the Wall money getting diverted to cyber security.

• OLDDDOGG

But, but it can't be... Deplorable Don told us it is all fake. Therefore he will not direct security measures to be put in place.

• Rubber Banned

Trump was told by Putin that Russia didn't do anything, and that's good enough for him. When every intelligence agency in America says the opposite, he attacks them as being corrupt. smh. What's it going to take to get this traitor impeached.

• JuPMod

Don't expect Trump and his administration to do anything about this. As far as they are concern, the Russians are helping the GOP, thus Russian interference is welcome.

• rightened

Hmmm. Wonder where all the "there are no Russian hackers" people are? Where's the "nothing-burger" posters? Facts must scare them.

• Puddin' Twain

Trump has no interest in this threat to our national security and his administration has done nothing about it. No doubt he considers it "fake news."